Translate

Friday, October 7, 2022

Gettin' Ready!

 Alrightttt well, I finished my master's degree in May, obtaining my masters in environmental management (MEM) and now in a mostly post-covid world, I find myself needing to get international again. 


I spent the summer finishing the 14ers in Colorado. I had a goal to finish all 58 of them in two years. Although I didn't quite reach this goal, I was close! One peak, Mt. Lindsey is private and closed to the public, so that brought my total down to 57 and due to the monsoons this summer, I was forced to delay a few peaks and ended up finishing the 57 Colorado 14ers in 2 years and 12 days.. BOOO! Everyone keeps telling me that's close enough and I can just say "Two years", but that feels wrong to me, so there's the truth. Two years and 12 days. Thanks to everyone who joined me on a peak!



Completing the Maroon Bells traverse with Denver and Davis

the sweetest mountain goats
Late night climb of Mt. Massive to camp on the summit
G&T's on G&T!
Guide's Route Mt. Crested Butte
Pyramid summit!
Holy Cross summit- my 14er finisher!!
September 1 marked my 5th lifeversary. Meaning its been 5 years since I got hit by a semi truck and almost died. For my lifeversary this year, I decided to hike three 13ers, one of which was Unicorn Peak and I took my unicorn onesie to the summit for some great photos. That weekend I also hiked the Rio Grande Pyramid which was exceptional as well! So very happy and grateful for my medical team that literally saved my life. 





I was working for RMBL (Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory) for the summer, which is who I did my masters project with. 

Speakeasy RMBL partayy
Tree coring at work
Come early September I set off west, picking up my brother Hunter in Salt Lake City and then heading to Kings Peak (Utah's highpoint) and then Borah (Idaho's highpoint). We lucked out and got some very unexpected snow and inclement weather on both peaks but we achieved both summits making them my 22nd and 23rd state highpoint and Hunter's first and second. Being as we are both born in Idaho, it felt very special that we could summit that peak together. 





Being home in Oregon, it has been great to see the family! My dad got married and I've had a lot of time with the niece and nephews!

matching sibling tats <3
My brother Blake and I just climbed Mt. St. Helens and since the weather has been so warm, I now have hopes of attempting Adams and Jefferson before the month is through. 
Fire and Ice swords on Mt. St. Helens

During the summer, one of my peak buddies and I got real close and started dating, and then he left for India to do his MEM project. So now, I find myself prepping for a trip to India. Learning Hindi and getting stoked, with a flight booked for November 1. That's the reason I'm starting a travel blog again. For anyone who wants to keep up with me, here you go! I'll try to post on it pretty regularly.

Davis and I on the summit of Eolus :)















No comments:

Post a Comment